Monday, December 31, 2007
I received the best package from my pal Dianne for Christmas around the World. The first picture shows the many pretty boxes. Picture number two is the contents. WOW Lotions and bath soaps, pretty heart wash cloth, bath scrubby, pot holder, pretty crochet scarf( can't wait to wear), the cutest Christmas bell ornaments and kleenex box cover. There is chocolate, yarn, and patterns, a nice purse/bag and knitting needles. I got a little book From you Secret Santa, how perfect is that. I hope I did not forget anything, but as you can tell this was one magnificent package. Thank you, thank you, thank you Dianne.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
I have been knitting(and crocheting)
Exhibit A: Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl By Susan Lawrence
Nature's Wool 1.5 skeins
Size 7 Knit Picks needles
This was for my bunco Christmas party exchange.
Exhibit B: 4 crocheted cupcake purses(actually have done 7 lately)
Yarn Various acrylic
Size F hook
Made for numerous little girls in my neighborhood and the granddaughters of my
Exhibit C: Fun Fur Kitschmas Tree as seen on Knitty Gritty #DKNG #813
Yarn Bee Haute Fur color Cypress and Lion Brand Jiffy
Size 10 dpns
Various little doodads
This only took an evening to knit/ I love fast projects.
Exhibit D: Not knitting My family thinks I am nuts because I like my packages to match. This year is a step out because there are 3 different papers (all in silver). I have a different theme with my packages every year. I have a bow machine and spend a lot of quality time making bows. I love the way they look when all done.
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
I'm excited to participate in the Pay it Forward exchange! I found out about this on Kristin's blog and I think it's a great idea!
The idea of the exchange is I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on this blog post requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet, and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog. You don't have to knit, any handmade item will be great.
Coming from me, your gift could be almost anything handmade! I so look forward to coming up with something just for you. So play along and post a comment! It makes no difference what part of the world you live in either. I'll contact the winners by email and then get their addresses then.
Friday, December 14, 2007
I received my package from Kristin today. I love Christmas, so this was an awesome package for me to receive. A felted stocking, bag of yummy candy(half gone now) and a peppermint cane. She also sent some peppermint cocoa. I can't wait to try. Thank you Kristin and I will be paying it forward.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
My Secret of the Stole finished. I really enjoyed knitting this and I really like how it turned out. I will be wearing it to a Christmas party in the early part of December.
Secret of the Stole by DK Nautical Knitter
Yarn: Malabrigo lace in the color Lettuce about 2.5 skeins
Needles: 3.5mm Knit Picks Harmony wood circular I really enjoyed knitting with these
Thursday, November 15, 2007
I have also been knitting on some other secret knitting. I received my Wool Girl sock of the month kit. Jennifer adds alot of little extras. Stitch marker, teas, honey sticks and the cutest magnet card. I loved it all.I hope to get to start my Lenore socks soon.
Monday, November 5, 2007
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Monday, October 29, 2007
There were so many things in the package. Candy, not much left now. Two great coffee mugs and some tea. Stickers and some chocolate covered espresso beans. Yarn 3 skeins of sari silk and some wildflower cotton yarn. I can't wait to use these. I had a great pal. Thank you Carrie.Sorry it took a week to post. My camera was acting up.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
I have enjoyed this swap. I have not received my goodies yet, but I know they will be great. I have loved the weekly postings.
Friday, October 19, 2007
I've been spoiled again. This time my monkey sock pal, Jennifer, sent me some great Monkey things. A beautiful pair of socks she knit, some gorgeous Dream in Color yarn and some fun monkey items, bag, cute puppet, pen and playing cards. Some chocolate candy for a treat. Thank you Jennifer, it is a great package.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
I love to go to the Fall Bazaars. They have good food and you can usually find some unique gifts for Christmas.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Friday, October 5, 2007
- You signed up on August 15, 2007
- You are #25884 on the list.
- 2344 people are ahead of you in line.
- 13762 people are behind you in line.
- 59% of the list has been invited so far
Update Oct. 9, 2007 3:30pm cst
- You signed up on August 15, 2007
- You are #25884 on the list.
- 7 people are ahead of you in line.
- 15476 people are behind you in line.
- 61% of the list has been invited so far
Monday, October 1, 2007
My Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup Serves a jillion
1 lb. beef (I buy sirloin and cut into small cubes)
1 large can tomatoes (28 oz?)
1 large potato diced
2 carrots sliced
1 medium onion chopped
2 stalks celery diced
1 head cabbage chopped
1 can green peas
1 can green beans
1 can corn
In large stock pot (mine is about 15 inches high) add a little oil and heat. Add the beef and brown. Add the tomatoes, breaking them up and 2 cups of water. Simmer for an hour. Prepare all the fresh veggies in this time. Add to pot and cover with water and let simmer for 3-4 hours.
Add the different cans of veggies and season to taste. Cook for about 30 more minutes. This makes an enormous pot of soup, but freezes well.
Sunday, September 30, 2007
My DS is a senior this year, so this is the last homecoming mum I will have to make. These are serious time consumers, but he has always wanted me to make them. I guess mine must be pretty unique because he had girls asking to homecoming for the mum. LOL I hope his girl friend likes it.
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Monday, September 24, 2007
It doesn't really feel like Fall here until November. It is still 90 degrees out. What I like about Fall is the evenings being cooler and in the early morning it feels fresh outside. We don't have alot of changing colors, but what we do have is very pretty
Friday, September 21, 2007
Monday, September 17, 2007
I have a couple of sets of needles that I like to use. One is an old set of Boye needles in plastic (maybe Balene 1) and the other is a set of rosewood needles from Turn-of-the -Century in size 8.I love both of them greatly. I usually use Sugar and Cream for kitchen cloths and Luna by Cascade for face cloths. I received a skein of Peaches and Cream from DDOS swap and it seems to be very similar to S&C. I would love to try any other cottons out there.
Friday, September 14, 2007
I have been collecting things for all my pals. I sure hope they like them. Until next time, have a great weekend and lots of fun knitting.
Monday, September 10, 2007
I do not change the yarns I knit/crochet with the seasons. I just do smaller projects in the summer. No heavy sweaters or afghans.
Friday, September 7, 2007
Thursday, September 6, 2007
She sent two dishcloths, one with Australia on it. Some P&C yarn and two skeins of Luna. A pattern for the Australia cloth, some yummy treats from a candy store near her that has been open for nearly 100 years. She made me stitch marker, Yea!!!!!!!!! Those are something I can not make for myself. The soap smells wonderful and I love the bag she sent. In other words I love everything. Thank you again Amanda.
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
- Are you religious? I am a Christian
- How long have you been knitting? Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced? Seriously for 4 years Intermediate
- Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting? Quilting, sewing, crochet, rug hooking
- Favorite color(s)? greens and reds
- Do you collect anything? salt and ppepper shakers
- Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? no
- Do you have any pets? one dog
- Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? coffee
- Cookies or Sweets? cookies
- Do you knit socks? yes
- If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits) lace and socks
- Do you put up a Christmas tree? If not then what do you do? yes I have about 500 ornaments
- Favorite holiday treats? pecan divinity and grapefruits
- Favorite holiday smells? cookies baking
- Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate. We celebrate in traditional ways. We put up a tree, hang stockings, put up lights on the house, bake cookies
- What are your favorite holiday traditions? Christmas morning coffee cake
- Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....” family and praising God for sending his son
- If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….? lace ornament
- What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given?My favorite gift I've given would have to be the puppy for my son. His coming to our room that morning telling us to get up because something was making noise in our living room was precious.
- When do you start your Christmas? I start making in August and buying in October. I like to be finished with gifts by Thanksgiving so the season is peaceful.
- Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them? yes I usually buy them
- What is your favorite Christmas dish? No favorites
- Carolers are at your door. What do you do? offer them refreshments
- When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning? Christmas morning
- Do you celebrate with family or friends or both? Both
2. Have you made dishcloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both? I have made many dishcloths before. I use them and also gift them. I have a couple of friends who want one every time I see them. I keep a stack of them in my sewing room.
3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ? I usually use Sugar and cream for kitchen cloths. For face cloths I use either Cascade Luna or Auracania Nature cotton.
4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles? I prefer straight needles for knitting dishcloths. I have needles I like in all types.
5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much? I like most colors with greens and reds being my favs. I do not like purple very much. Ok, very little.
6. What do you like best about Autumn? The cooler evenings and the approach of all the fun holidays.
7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks! All of them!!!!!!!!!
8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day? I was the one who could not wait for school to start. The new clothes, pencils, crayons. Woo hoo I could not wait.
9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap) I love to decorate for Halloween. It is a fun time.
10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose? Pecan pralines, gummy bears, and French bread/
11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;) One husband, two children(only one at home) and one dog.
12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?
13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths? Dishcloths
14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays) I like both, but Thanksgiving is such a family time.
15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about? smoke
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Crocheted Cupcake Purse by Amy Gaines
Second we have a before and after picture of a knitted bag. It is a nice size to carry several projects.
Pattern Scrap Bag by Farmhouse Yarns I used an icord bindoff
Yarn Fat Sheep by Farmhouse Yarns 2 colorways Rose Garden and Old Roses. I had five skeins of each and randomly wound off some from each.
Needles size 10.5 addi turbos Would use at least an 11 with this yarn. This took me a while to finish because my hands would start hurting.
Monday, August 27, 2007
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Triangles within Triangles Shawl By Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer
Yarn Knit Picks Pure Merino
Dimensions 78 inches across top and 42 inches down center back
This was a very easy knit and I really liked the weight of the Pure Merino. I will try this shawl in a lace weight soon. The color is like the 2nd and 3rd pictures. The close up is way darker than the yarn is.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
1. What is the one knitting accessory you could not live without? My tape measure.
2. If you're heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you? If
so, how much and what type of project? Yes. I take several projects so I will have something to knit that interests me. Socks, dishcloths, wrap, sweater, etc. I like to have many WIP's.
3. Where have you travelled to that you'd consider your favorite spot? St. Kitt's in the Caribbean.
4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it? Victorian Lace Today and Favorite Socks. Yes, I own them both. I can not pass up buying a new book. It is probably more likely than a yarn purchase.
5. Do you listen to podcasts? Which is your favorite(s)? No
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
This should be a fun swap. Swing on over and join.
Monkey Sock Swap THREE Questionnaire
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep? I consider myself an intermediate knitter. I really enjoyed knitting the monkey socks.
Shoe Size: 9 AA
Foot circumference: 8.25 inches
Foot length: 9.25 inches
What colors do you love? I love reds and greens but pretty much any color is great but solid purple.
Do you prefer solids or variegated? I like both.
Do you prefer wool, cotton or acrylic yarn? I prefer wool for my socks
What colors would you never wear? Solid purple
What are your favorite brands of yarn? I like STR, Misty Mountain, Mama Llama.Really any that are soft are fine with me.
Are there any new brands you would like to try? Dream In Color
Cookie A. Patterns:
Which of her patterns have you already knit? Monkey
Which pattern(s) would you like to knit and don’t already own?Pomatomus
Other pertinent information:
Would you be willing to have an international Monkey Pal or do you prefer one in the US? Yes
Do you have any allergies? Smoke
Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals? One dog
Are you on Ravelry yet? If you don’t mind having new friends, what is your Ravelry name? No, sorry
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
My favorite yarns are natural yarns. Wool, cotton, silk. I am not crazy about synthetics such as eye lash, ribbon.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have several different cases to store needles in.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been seriously knitting for about 4 years. My grandmother taught me when I was small. I am an intermediate knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No
5. What's your favorite scent? Citrus scents
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I like gummy bears, mints, really not much of a chocolate eater.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I sew, scrapbook, rug hook, crochet but I do not spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)I like classical, rock, country, jazz, blues. I do not like rap/techno type music
I can play mp3s
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? My favorites are red and greens and I do not like purple usually.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have a husband, 2 children and 1 dog.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?I wear hats and mittens.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Right now I am enjoying knitting socks and lace.
13. What are you knitting right now?Socks, MS3, purse, shawl.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like both. I use all different kinds of needles I have addis, casein, bamboo, fancy wood. I don't have just one favorite.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 8 months
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? Scissors, salt and pepper shakers
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?I subscribe to Vogue knitting, interweave Knits,
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Fair Isle
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?Yes 8.25 in circumference and 9.25 in long
23. When is your birthday? 4-25
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? No
Saturday, August 4, 2007
I think in the months of June and July we had only 5 days that it did not rain. I don't mean those little sprinkles, I mean deluges. About 24 inches for 2 months, that is a lot folks.On the map, the weather service says we received 23.23 inches. We are to the northwest of Jersey Village.
Thursday, August 2, 2007
The pink shawl for my dd's 21st birthday.
The package I sent off for Dog Days of Summer Dishcloth Swap.
My MS3 stole.
My Rocking Sock Club Firebird socks knitted in the Monkey pattern by Cookie A. Notice how little yarn was left. 3 grams
Pattern: Shoulder shawl in Syrian pattern Victorian Lace Today
Yarn: Drops Alpaca
Friday, July 20, 2007
Monday, July 16, 2007
Friday, July 6, 2007
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
Sunday, July 1, 2007
- Do you knit, or crochet, or do both? How long have you been knitting\crocheting? Both I have been crocheting for 20 years and knitting about 4 years
- Have you knit dishcloths or dishtowels before? Yes. When I need a FO i knit a dishcloth.
- What are your favorite cotton yarns? Is there a cotton or linen you’ve been dying to try but have not? I have been using Cascade Luna lately for dishcloths.
- Are there any cotton yarns you don’t enjoy knitting with? Nope, love them all
- What type of needle do you prefer using? (Metal/Wood/Plastic) I prefer metal or casein for knitting wash cloths.
- What other projects do you enjoy knitting or crocheting? Socks and shawls are my faves right now.
- Do you have other hobbies or enjoy other kinds of crafting? Quilting, rug hooking , scrapbooking
- What kind of treats do you like? Chocolate? Candies? Nuts? I love peanuts and cashews.
- What colors are your kitchen and bath decorated in, if any?Kitchen is an adobe color. Bath is basically white.
- What are your favorite colors and what colors do you dislike? I love reds and greens. I dislike purples
- Do you drink coffee? Tea? Other beverages?I love coffee but will also drink tea.
- Do you have any kids (human or pet variety!)? I have two children and one dog.
- Do you have any allergies?No
- Please share 3 tidbits about yourself that you think your pal and other swappers might find odd or interesting.I love to cook fun meals for our friends (lots of Tex-Mex and Italian) I work two afternoons at a quilting and knitting shop, I enjoy making and buying things for others. I also ride dirt bikes and four wheelers with my DH, DD, and DS.
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why? I would like to go to Italy or New Zealand. Italy has so much history and romance going on and New Zealand would be more of an adventure.
3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries? I have driven from Texas to Florida and Texas to Mexico.
4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it? We went to Martinique on our honeymoon. We then visited the Grenadines. They were very exciting.
5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why? We went to Spain for my in laws 50th. Flying on standby, we flew to Germany and then had to find a way to get to Spain. It was a true adventure and we had a great and momentous time( our anniversary is just one day after my inlaws.
6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain. My husband and I like to drive around the hill country, staying and eating in small towns. We like trying out the local places to eat. Yarn stores are a must stop event.
7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker? I like the beaches, but I like to visit museums and I am always up for a little adventure.
8. What's your favorite type of yarn? I love soft wools and mohair.
9. What's your least favorite type of yarn? Scratchy acrylic.
10. What items do you like to knit/crochet? Socks and shawls. I knit other things, but those are my favorites
11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation? Four or five projects. Pair of socks, something that is mindless, maybe a shawl, dishcloth, some variety.
12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet? I quilt, and have started rug hooking. I also scrapbook.
13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise) No
14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite? Reds and greens are my favorites. I really do not like purple.
15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?Savory
16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know? I am easily pleased and amused.
Monday, May 28, 2007
|You Are a Ring Finger|
You are romantic, expressive, and hopeful. You see the best in everything.
You are very artistic, and you see the world as your canvas. You are also drawn to the written word.
Inventive and unique, you are often away in your own inner world.
You get along well with: The Pinky
Stay away from: The Index Finger