Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Monday, August 11, 2008
A while back I won a contest on KT's blog. Picture above is what I won. Pictured below is all the packages she sent. I was thrilled to open the box and see all these pretty wrapped packages.
I am over whelmed by KT generosity. She not only sent the yarn I won, but two more skeins of STR in my favorite colors, 20 skeins of purple Debbie Bliss cotton cashmere and 10 skeins of Rowan 4 ply cotton in the prettiest red. Now I have to decide what I am going to make with all these gorgeous yarns. KT, you made my day. Thank you
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
I don't use a particular pattern. I used a basic sock pattern with 64 stitches and did a K3P1 rib instead of stockinette.
Three hats for Texas Children's hospital. I love making these little hats. They are my need to finish something item lately. The two striped hats are made with Knitcol yarn from Adriafil. The pink hat is a Knit Picks cotton blend.
Friday, July 18, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Amandajean's Star Quilt Along This is nine of the blocks. I have finished 11 blocks and 6 setting blocks.
This was my Batik Block of the Month. I am waiting on the finishing kit.
Monday, June 2, 2008
Your dominant hues are red and green, so you're definately not afraid to get in and stir things up. You have no time for most people's concerns, you'd rather analyze with your head than be held back by some random "gut feeling".
Your saturation level is low - You stay out of stressful situations and advise others to do the same. You may not be the go-to person when something really needs done, but you know never to blow things out of proportion.
Your outlook on life is very bright. You are sunny and optimistic about life and others find it very encouraging, but remember to tone it down if you sense irritation.
Friday, May 23, 2008
I was tagged by one of the most clever and quick witted women I have ever met, my friend, Convoluted String for this!
“The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.”
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
10 Years ago? I was driving carpool back and forth to school for my kids. I volunteered in their classrooms and in the office at the school.
2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
- Laundry - always more laundry…
- Clean the floors - vacuum and mop
- Sew a quilt block
- Knit on a shawl
-Cook dinner for a change
3. Snacks I enjoy:
- Chips with pico de gallo
4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- give to groups that empower people to be able to exist on their own(heifer intl, etal)
- buy a house in the hill country of Texas
5. Places I have lived:
- Beaumont, Texas
- Houston, Texas
- Puebla Mexico (college)
- Cuernavaca, Mexico (college)
- Houston/Cypress Texas
6. Peeps I want to know more about:
- Please feel free to add this to your blog.
This was really fun! Thanks, Lisa
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Monday, April 28, 2008
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Just a short post about sock camp. We knitted sock monkeys. There were some incredible monkeys. Mine is named Fifi. She is wearing a crochet skirt, knit shawl and a hat from a practice knit in Cat Bordhi's class. More pictures and interesting tidbits to come later.
Friday, April 4, 2008
Ronnie was my downstream partner from Monkey swap 3. She and I have become good friends. Too bad we live in different countries, but maybe some day I will get to visit her. We had been talking back and forth about swaps and how sometimes you just really get the short end of the stick and she and I decided to do our own swap between the two of us. Ronnie said she got to go first, so away she went. Take a close look at all the great things she sent. She knit BFF socks for me in cashmere and knit the beautiful shawl from cashmere. They are both great. She sent some cashmere/silk lace yarn and some fun cashmere/merino sock yarn. She sent a set of needles that were the kind she learned to knit on when she was quite young. I don't know how she knew I liked collecting all kinds of needles(new and old) If you look at the pictures you can see all the other great things she sent including the Christmas bag she made for me. I love it. Thank you Ronnie and I am collecting, knitting and sewing for your package. Best friends are great!!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Saturday, March 22, 2008
My package from Fatema came today. It was shipped at the beginning of February and has been missing til today. It was a lovely package. Four skeins of an alpaca/merino yarn in a pretty color called berries. It is really pretty and soft. She sent coffee, tea, a mug, the cutest salt and pepper shakers that nestle together. Some yummy candy and a knitting magazine from the UK. It was a really nice package. Thank you Fatema.
Monday, March 3, 2008
Friday, February 29, 2008
Wow, I got a really great package from Joann. So many wonderful things.
Something local - Connecticut Book
Something round - Sock Needles I have never tried these so will look forward to using them.
Something Green - Stitch markers and candy Really gorgeous markers
Something "T" - Knitting tote and tissues I love this bag. It will be very handy for knitting socks.
Something Funny - Gummies
Something Hard - Calendar Box
Something Soft - Yarn
I also think the bottle of Cape Cod air is pretty funny also. I have never seen anything like that.
I can't wait to find a great pattern and try out this sock yarn. This has been a really fun swap.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
The apron was made for the Sassy Apron Swap. I am pretty pleased with how it came out.
This is a picture of my SSS after about 10 rows into Clue 7. I am behind but still can not find a comfortable position to knit on this. Hopefully I will be able to catch up next week.
I hope you are all having a great weekend. The weather here is as perfect as it gets for here.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Monday, February 11, 2008
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Clue 5 of Spring Shawl Surprice I actually finished on Sunday. Yeah, ahead of schedule. This is an interesting and challenging knit. I hope I can continue to keep up.
Socks that Rock January club sock. I love the colors and the pattern. My sock started off striping and then went to pooling after I added the 2 extra stitches for the pattern. I let it sit for three days before deciding that I could live with the pooling. I normally like pooling but this is not my favorite pooling I've ever had. I am knitting the medium on size 2.25mm needles.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Here is what I have to do....List 7 Random Facts about Me
Here are the rules (and they must be posted to your blog).
Link to the person’s blog who tagged you (see above). List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself. Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog and also so they can look at your blog and not tag the same people all over again!
1. I probably only watch about 20 hours of TV a year.
2. I am obsessive about my car.
3. I love all kinds of food, but my favorites are greens(mustard, collard,turnip, spinach,etc)
4. I have 7 quilt projects going right now. No telling how many knit projects.
5. I love dolls.
6. I despise avocados.
7. I am still in contact with my high school friends.
I am not going to tag anyone. If you want to play, have fun.
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Clue 2 finished. This is a challenging knit for me. Clue 1 went pretty fast but clue 2 is where you start knitting pattern on every row. It was confusing at first but by the time I got to the end it was starting to go pretty. Clue 3 should go pretty fast. I am loving this. I just need to catch up. I would have been okay, but I knit 2/3 of Clue 1 and decided I didn't like my yarn so I had to go to my LYS and get some more. Hope you all are having a great weekend. The sun is shining here.
Friday, January 18, 2008
2) What is on your needles/hook right now? Too many Socks, 2 stoles, sweater, shawl many other ufos.
3) What is the most frequently used tool in your knitting bag? measuring tape
4) What are your 3 favorite yarns (fiber type or brand)? What are your 3 least favorite? STR, Dream in Color and Malabrigo are faves. Least favorite are Red Heart, stiff acrylics and fake mohair
5) What is your favorite color? My all time favorite color is red
6) If you had a 5 minute shopping spree in your LYS, how would you plan your attack? I would hit the wool section and just grab.
7) What is your favorite FO and why? (post a pic if you have it!) I love my Secret of the Stole. I have worn it several times now.
8) What are your favorite things to knit/crochet? Right now, I am kind of obsessed with knitting lace, but I also like socks
9) Do you collect anything? Yarn? Fabric? Fun tools for both
10) What are your five favorite things (not necessarily knitting related)? I love my new computer(now just need to learn how to use all the functions), my Signature knitting needles,
my dolls, ring from my grandmother, and my collection of crochet hooks.
11) Are you on Ravelry? What is your ID? yes sheknitsallday
12) Do you drink tea/coffee/cocoa? All three, but coffee is my favorite
13) Favorite Sweets? Cookies, mint candies, gummy candies. Not a huge fan of chocolate.
14) Any allergies? Allergic to smoke
15) Do you have pets? kids? 2 dogs 2 kids 1 hubby
Friday, January 11, 2008
2. What types of needles do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? Metal or Swallow Casein
3. What types of cotton do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? Is there any that you've been wanting to try? I usually use Sugar n Cream because I can buy locally.
4. What color(s) are your kitchen and bath decorated in (if any)? creams and adobe pink
5. What are your favorite colors for yarns? Least favorite? I like all but purple
6. Do you like Winter, or do you count the days until it ends? I like winter but we don't really have that cold of weather
7. What's your favorite way to brighten your day when you're down in the dumps? Listen to my ipod and knit
8. What is your favorite treat to indulge in and when your down in the dumps? A cup of coffee and a cookie
9. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Cocoa? All
10. If you could take a vacation starting tomorrow and go anywhere for one week and money were no object, where would you go and what would you do? I would love to go to Italy. I think there would be so many things to do. Shop, relax, visit museums, relax, dine out (relax=knit)
11. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should be aware of? I am allergic to smoke(ie cigarette)