Thursday, August 30, 2007
Crocheted Cupcake Purse by Amy Gaines
Second we have a before and after picture of a knitted bag. It is a nice size to carry several projects.
Pattern Scrap Bag by Farmhouse Yarns I used an icord bindoff
Yarn Fat Sheep by Farmhouse Yarns 2 colorways Rose Garden and Old Roses. I had five skeins of each and randomly wound off some from each.
Needles size 10.5 addi turbos Would use at least an 11 with this yarn. This took me a while to finish because my hands would start hurting.
Monday, August 27, 2007
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Triangles within Triangles Shawl By Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer
Yarn Knit Picks Pure Merino
Dimensions 78 inches across top and 42 inches down center back
This was a very easy knit and I really liked the weight of the Pure Merino. I will try this shawl in a lace weight soon. The color is like the 2nd and 3rd pictures. The close up is way darker than the yarn is.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
1. What is the one knitting accessory you could not live without? My tape measure.
2. If you're heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you? If
so, how much and what type of project? Yes. I take several projects so I will have something to knit that interests me. Socks, dishcloths, wrap, sweater, etc. I like to have many WIP's.
3. Where have you travelled to that you'd consider your favorite spot? St. Kitt's in the Caribbean.
4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it? Victorian Lace Today and Favorite Socks. Yes, I own them both. I can not pass up buying a new book. It is probably more likely than a yarn purchase.
5. Do you listen to podcasts? Which is your favorite(s)? No
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
This should be a fun swap. Swing on over and join.
Monkey Sock Swap THREE Questionnaire
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep? I consider myself an intermediate knitter. I really enjoyed knitting the monkey socks.
Shoe Size: 9 AA
Foot circumference: 8.25 inches
Foot length: 9.25 inches
What colors do you love? I love reds and greens but pretty much any color is great but solid purple.
Do you prefer solids or variegated? I like both.
Do you prefer wool, cotton or acrylic yarn? I prefer wool for my socks
What colors would you never wear? Solid purple
What are your favorite brands of yarn? I like STR, Misty Mountain, Mama Llama.Really any that are soft are fine with me.
Are there any new brands you would like to try? Dream In Color
Cookie A. Patterns:
Which of her patterns have you already knit? Monkey
Which pattern(s) would you like to knit and don’t already own?Pomatomus
Other pertinent information:
Would you be willing to have an international Monkey Pal or do you prefer one in the US? Yes
Do you have any allergies? Smoke
Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals? One dog
Are you on Ravelry yet? If you don’t mind having new friends, what is your Ravelry name? No, sorry
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
My favorite yarns are natural yarns. Wool, cotton, silk. I am not crazy about synthetics such as eye lash, ribbon.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have several different cases to store needles in.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been seriously knitting for about 4 years. My grandmother taught me when I was small. I am an intermediate knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No
5. What's your favorite scent? Citrus scents
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I like gummy bears, mints, really not much of a chocolate eater.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I sew, scrapbook, rug hook, crochet but I do not spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)I like classical, rock, country, jazz, blues. I do not like rap/techno type music
I can play mp3s
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? My favorites are red and greens and I do not like purple usually.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have a husband, 2 children and 1 dog.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?I wear hats and mittens.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Right now I am enjoying knitting socks and lace.
13. What are you knitting right now?Socks, MS3, purse, shawl.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like both. I use all different kinds of needles I have addis, casein, bamboo, fancy wood. I don't have just one favorite.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 8 months
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? Scissors, salt and pepper shakers
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?I subscribe to Vogue knitting, interweave Knits,
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Fair Isle
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?Yes 8.25 in circumference and 9.25 in long
23. When is your birthday? 4-25
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? No
Saturday, August 4, 2007
I think in the months of June and July we had only 5 days that it did not rain. I don't mean those little sprinkles, I mean deluges. About 24 inches for 2 months, that is a lot folks.On the map, the weather service says we received 23.23 inches. We are to the northwest of Jersey Village.
Thursday, August 2, 2007
The pink shawl for my dd's 21st birthday.
The package I sent off for Dog Days of Summer Dishcloth Swap.
My MS3 stole.
My Rocking Sock Club Firebird socks knitted in the Monkey pattern by Cookie A. Notice how little yarn was left. 3 grams
Pattern: Shoulder shawl in Syrian pattern Victorian Lace Today
Yarn: Drops Alpaca