Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Virtual Vacation Swap

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why? I would like to visit South Carolina. I have always wanted to go to Charleston because it seems to have so much history.

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why? I would like to go to Italy or New Zealand. Italy has so much history and romance going on and New Zealand would be more of an adventure.

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries? I have driven from Texas to Florida and Texas to Mexico.

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it? We went to Martinique on our honeymoon. We then visited the Grenadines. They were very exciting.

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why? We went to Spain for my in laws 50th. Flying on standby, we flew to Germany and then had to find a way to get to Spain. It was a true adventure and we had a great and momentous time( our anniversary is just one day after my inlaws.

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain. My husband and I like to drive around the hill country, staying and eating in small towns. We like trying out the local places to eat. Yarn stores are a must stop event.

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker? I like the beaches, but I like to visit museums and I am always up for a little adventure.

8. What's your favorite type of yarn? I love soft wools and mohair.

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn? Scratchy acrylic.

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet? Socks and shawls. I knit other things, but those are my favorites

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation? Four or five projects. Pair of socks, something that is mindless, maybe a shawl, dishcloth, some variety.

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet? I quilt, and have started rug hooking. I also scrapbook.

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise) No

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite? Reds and greens are my favorites. I really do not like purple.

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?Savory

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know? I am easily pleased and amused.

1 comment:

Carrie Penny said...

I stopped by to see if you were and Aussie, but I had to comment, I love Chalreston! I lived there for a year and I did not want to move back. It is so pretty and in a year you can't do all of the history there, there is just way too much. They had just built the new bridge down there when I moved, and I got the pictures of the new one... If you ever want to see my pictures let me know and I will try to find the link for my pics on yahoo (I haven't used that account in a long time...) There are other great places in the state too, Columbia has a lot of history and a great college. The upstate also has a lot of pretty land, lakes and nice places to visit. I have lived all over down here! Rock on!